We thank you so much for your continued prayers and support. If you would like to send words of encouragement to us personally, you can email anytime. We’d love to hear from you! Please join us in praying specifically for some of our needs below. Thank you, and may God bless you abundantly!
- Pray for us as we continue to settle into life in Kenya with language learning (Swahili fun coming at you soon!) and adapting to a new culture.
- Pray for us that we will bring glory to Him in our day-to-day life and ministry, even during this time of language study.
- Pray for our housemate, Courtney (a nurse from the U.S.), as she completes her time in here in Kenya and prepares to transition back to the U.S.
- Pray for the hospital here in Chogoria regarding economic difficulties due to very delayed payment from the governmental insurance. Please pray for prompt payment so that nurses and staff can be paid also.
- Continue to pray for ELWA Ministries and Liberia. We miss our friends and family there and continue to pray for their continual uplifting through the Holy Spirit, that God will be glorified and people will come to truly know Him. Pray for the new surgeon there and his family as they transition to a new country/hospital (see below).
Praises! Some of the things we’re currently most thankful for:
- Exciting ELWA news: A new surgeon (a recent PAACS grad from Niger) has moved to ELWA (actually living in our old house) with his family to work. Also, Dr. Rick Sacra has been honored by/awarded the L’Chaim Prize which includes much needed funds which will allow ELWA to do exciting things.
- Kenya is starting to feel like home.
- The love and encouragement that we felt during our visit home over the holidays filled us up and allowed us to be able to return, giving us a refreshed sense of purpose and calling.
- We love our new family member (Kivuli), who is part kitten and part study/reading partner. (Nathan really loves him too, even though he pretends not to like cats.)
- Nathan: Still thankful for hot water for showers and wonderful weather. Also special shout-out of appreciation to the JC friend who so selflessly provided Switch games for enjoyment (per Nathan, “one of the most thoughtful gifts I have ever received”).
- Amy: Time with family/friends over Christmas, mango season, Kivuli, and SP family willing to accept/transport strange Amazon shipments containing flea medicine.